Wednesday, February 17, 2010

THE SALTED WEAPON OF THE WEAK.

Now that we are nearing the end of the term, let me reflect on a reading I really liked.. 'Weapons of the Weak'- . The weapons mentioned in this reading are visible only in highly intelligent life forms.( I guess worker-bees are not 'there' yet) . Our family once had a servant who was good at household chores. But whenever my mother tried to teach her a new recipe, she always feigned her ignorance at cooking. And if that didn't work, she used to subtly over-salt the dish so that we would never like it and ask her to cook it again. Really Smart, I say!

2 comments:

sarathi-santrap30041 said...

Since she never directly said no and always gave the impression of trying ,her resistance seems to be all the more effective as there was no way she could be rebuked severely or thrown out for that matter.

Anshul Sood (30003) said...

I think we have all used weapons for the weak, because everyone of us have been weak at one point or the other in our life. I think a prime example would be our student day. How many time have we all feigned ignorance to get out of assignment responsibilities...