Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Make India Clean!!!

Recently, I was traveling in a train. I collected all the garbage (which I produced) in a polythene bag rather than throwing it out of the window. When my co passengers tried to throw their garbage out, I requested them not to do that and offered them the same polythene-bag. They were confused for a minute but when I told them the reason behind it, they agreed. Later when I left the train I threw it in a dustbin. People in our country don’t have a tendency to use dustbins; this problem can only be solved by collective action, when all of us try to keep our environment clean. Awareness needs to be spread by the word of mouth to everyone. Try it out, I am sure it will make a difference.

2 comments:

Shashvat Singh said...

well i fully agree with what you say........but at many places we don't even have dust bins to throw garbage and unwantingly we are forced to throw the waste in open......so the authorities may take steps to arrange dustbins and at the same time one may not feel going near some dustbins because it may not have been cleaned from many days to even months

aditi chaturvedi said...

I totally agree with you but bringing in this awareness in people is also a big task which i have experienced myself. even if the initiative is taken up by you people refuse to cooperate and think it is crazy to do so...