Thursday, December 10, 2009

Rational or Irrational ???

Rationality undergoes transformation with time. What may seem rational at one point of time, may not be one as the moment passes away. Thus the very idea of rationality to a person is evolving. It is evolving with his increasing experience to the factors affecting the said rationality. So, now; the factors that had defined the rationality of a person on a decision as of today may not define rational behavior tomorrow or in fact in the light of the new knowledge acquired may completely change the idea of rationality he held together until just now.
In fact I'd think that no decision is irrational. All the decisions and choices made by the person will seem to rational if seen from that person's perspective.
I may not study till just the night before the exams and that is not rational if seen by other person, as my aim should be to go prepared to the classes so that my knowledge could increase and which eventually could help me in my career. Would seem to be a irrational decision to an outside person. But I'd know that I was indulging that time in things which seemed to me more important to be done, however stupid they may be in reality.
But if I say that all decisions are rational then what would one say about decisions based on intuitive thinking? what would be my answer Rational or Irrational ??
Would chase this in the next blog, if by that time my idea of what I have posted does not undergo a change with the next classes of CAC!!

No comments: